Monday, January 9, 2012

A Rough Apology to Friendships Shattered


A Rough Apology to Friendships Shattered

Its the simple characters of my mind
That takes the time to converse with touch
Such profound conversation I wish to record
More feelings faked and pushing forward
Countless friends have shattered in the come and go
I know I'm selfish and hardly self-contained
Why remain in memories so unfair?
I know, I know I'm never there
Sometimes it's easier not to care
But, where does that get me
Quietly imagining the details of stories
Heavily in my head these moments that gasp for air
Carry me down a hopefully meaningful road
I can show you tenderness and teeth filled smiles
But, while my body says without a care
And creeps in kindness where you need it the most
The most I can offer is over the counter commitment
One sent with child-proof top and illustrative instructions
Do not drink or operate heavy emotions
My devotion is to development
I hope you got the card I sent
I'm sorry I can not make it there
Sometimes it's easier not to care
Maybe you'll understand when I share my dreams
And though now you may not like me
Eventually, I hope you'll find to love my mangled mind
Find a simple line or scene that may bring a moment of bliss
Changing ever so slightly how you touch time
Only then I may find that shred of happiness
I think to myself so often, can it be worth all this
Fuck yes, believe me, it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment