Monday, January 9, 2012

Digital Friends


digital friends

Come all my digital friends with no connections
Or perception on who I really am
I have graveyards in my closet beside the vintage shirts
Pain has passed through my mind time and time again
Who are these people that help me with such gentle conversation?
Step aside and let me peel apart the smile that hides these empty eyes
A one-time lover needing to recover from self-inflicting wounds of selfishness
Ill tell you this, the last kiss I had was a sad portrait of routine
With everything Ive seen
And everything Ive said
The light never shed on habits of a hurtful heart
Just tear me apart
Then tell me a story of how it will all close on some Hollywood ending
Lets stop pretending that we care for someone more than ourselves
Ive felt as if there is no hope
Ive felt the top of Paris with the love of the moment
Wont it be o.k. if I just stay in a series of lonely circumstances
Ill drink at the bar while everyone dances to the tune of some digital icon
I don't know whats real
I just know what I feel when I start to think about it
So, press pause and press your lips against your glass
Because your ass will fall upon forgetfulness and slowly sink into the moment
That thing
That advice so many give
Well, I live by my own rules and rendered thoughts
It hurts, but it works and so does this bottle of booze
Don't judge what I chose
I do that enough for myself with everything I lose
This place has me so confused
And very soon Ill be back in the plastic world with my digital friends
Losing my way and finding another

(does this make sense? I just woke up at my desk and  I cant see straight?)

No comments:

Post a Comment